What should be the Priorities for UTA's Bus Service?
Transit is asked to serve many different goals, including:
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Improve air quality
- Stimulate development in urban centers
- Provide an affordable transportation alternative to driving
- Get people to jobs and school
- Provide service to everyone who pays for transit
- Connect people to social services
UTA has a limited budget, so doing more of one thing can mean doing less of another. That’s why we need to hear about your priorities. [jump to survey map]
Two of these conflicting goals are: Ridership (attracting as many riders as possible) and Coverage (being available in as many places as possible, even if not many people ride). Both goals are both important, but they lead in opposite directions. UTA is asking the community to help determine the appropriate balance between ridership and coverage.
Learn more from available resources to the right.
Customers who need additional assistance completing the survey are welcome to contact UTA’s Customer Service Agents at 801-RIDE-UTA (743-3882).
A screen readable version of the survey is also available here.