703 Rider Tips
It’s easy to ride the new TRAX trains. Whether you walk, bike, use a wheelchair or other mobility device, here are some useful tips.
- Know where you want to go. Not all train lines will feature the new TRAX trains.
- To assure access, each new train has two doors with ramps.
- If you need a ramp to board the train, locate the access symbol on the station platform.
- Wait safely behind the yellow tactile strip until the train has come to a complete stop.
- To extend the ramp and open the doors, push the button with the access symbol .
- If you don’t need the ramp, just push the green Push To Open button.
- Move back from the yellow tactile strip while the ramp extends.
- Once the ramp has stopped moving, the doors will open and you may board the train. It may take a moment for the doors to open after the ramp has extended.
- Inside the train, you will find designated seating area for seniors and persons with disabilities. Enjoy your ride!
- Listen for the stop announcements so you know when you’ve reached your stop.
- When you reach your stop, simply push the button with the accessibility symbol and the ramp will deploy, the doors will open.