Riding the Low-Floor TRAX Trains
It’s easy to ride the new TRAX trains. Whether you walk, bike, use a wheelchair or other mobility device, here are some useful tips.
- Know where you want to go. Not all train lines will feature the new TRAX trains.
- To assure access, each new train has two doors with ramps.
- If you need a ramp to board the train, locate the access symbol Symbol on the station platform.
- Wait safely behind the yellow tactile strip until the train has come to a complete stop.
- To extend the ramp and open the doors, push the button with the access symbol Symbol.
- If you don’t need the ramp, just push the green Push To Open button.
- Move back from the yellow tactile strip while the ramp extends.
- Once the ramp has stopped moving, the doors will open and you may board the train. It may take a moment for the doors to open after the ramp has extended.
- Inside the train, you will find designated seating area for seniors and persons with disabilities. Enjoy your ride!
- Listen for the stop announcements so you know when you’ve reached your stop.
- When you reach your stop, simply push the button with the accessibility symbol Symbol and the ramp will deploy, the doors will open.
For further information on how to make your ride more enjoyable, please see the Rider Rules. To view the Paratransit Services Eligibility Brochure, click here.