Airport TRAX Line
The Airport TRAX line is scheduled to open Sunday, April 14, 2013. For information on the grand opening festivities click here http://www.letsrideuta.com/2013/02/27/uta-announces-grand-opening-festivities-for-airport-trax-line/
The Airport TRAX Line is a six-mile light rail line that extends the existing TRAX system from the existing Arena Station at 400 West South Temple to North Temple and the Salt Lake City International Airport. It will provide a direct transfer from its 500 West Station on top of the newly renovated North Temple Viaduct to FrontRunner commuter rail, which will eventually connect all commuters from Ogden to Provo. There will be five stations along North Temple at 500 West, 800 West, 1100 West, 1500 West, and 1950 West. There will also be a station and Welcome Center just outside Terminal One of the airport.
- The line will feature six miles of ballasted and imbedded double track, both in separate rights-of-way and in-street along roadways.
- Includes five stations along North Temple and one station at the airport, the stations will be located at the following approximate addresses:
- 500 West Station
- 800 West Station
- 1100 West, located near the Utah State Fairgrounds
- 1500 West Station
- 1950 West Station
- Airport Station, located just east of Terminal One
- Initial 15-minutes service frequency
- Projected cost of $250-290 million in years of expenditure (2009-2012).
- Projected ridership of 14,000 daily passengers in 2030
Use the links below to view other Airport TRAX Line pages:
Airport TRAX Line Maps