UTA FAREPAY CARD
Pay the Easy Way
Riders have a more convenient way to pay their fare with the prepaid, reloadable FAREPAY card. No more carrying exact change or waiting at the ticket machine. Simply load money to your FAREPAY card, tap it on a card reader and ride UTA.
With the FAREPAY card, riders save up to 20 percent off the regular cash fare now through December 31, 2014. This offer is valid on UTA bus, Express Bus, TRAX or FrontRunner services. Ski, Park City Connect and Paratransit services are not included in this offer. FAREPAY cards will return to the regular cash fare after the promotion.
Purchase FAREPAY cards here, at UTA Customer Service centers and participating retailers. To find a FAREPAY vendor near you, click here.
- Activate your card by following instructions in packaging for cards purchased online. Retailers activate cards at checkout for in-store purchases. There is a one-time card issuance fee of $3.
- Create a web account at farepay.rideuta.com and add your card to the account for loss and theft protection as well as for convenient account management.
- Tap card on card reader when boarding, exiting or transferring between UTA bus, TRAX, FrontRunner and street car services. When transferring between TRAX lines (i.e. Blue Line to Red Line), only tap card at first and last stations. Card readers are located inside buses near doors and at UTA rail stations.
- Remember to tap off your card so that you get charged the correct amount. If you forget to tap off, you will not receive a transfer credit, and you will be charged for the maximum FrontRunner trip ($8.50 with FAREPAY promotional).
- Use card for fare payment only after activation and when card reader has given green light. If card reader gives red light, card is not valid for fare payment and another form of payment is required.
- Present card to UTA police when asked to present proof of fare.