The FrontRunner South commuter rail project continues to move forward and construction of the 45-mile line to Provo is more than 85 percent complete.
Construction in Utah County is essentially complete from Provo to Lehi.
- Provo Intermodal Center construction is underway and Orem Intermodal Center construction is scheduled to begin in early 2012.
- Construction crews are putting the finishing touches on the American Fork and Lehi park and ride lots that have been partially open to the public for more than a year.
Construction in the Jordan Narrows is winding down after three years of challenging construction work that included canal relocation, bridge construction and relocating Union Pacific’s railroad track to make room for FrontRunner.
Most of the remaining project construction is in Salt Lake County.
- Construction crews are nearly finished with several bridges that will allow FrontRunner to travel over major east-west running roadways in Salt Lake County.
- Construction on the South Jordan and Murray stations is currently underway.
- FrontRunner track will be installed throughout Salt Lake County by the end of 2011.
Substantial completion of construction is anticipated in late 2012. After construction is complete, the line will be tested for signal integration and safety. It is anticipated that the line will open for operation in early 2013.
The following presentation was made to area stakeholders and elected officials October 27, 2011.