Large crowds are expected in the downtown area this weekend (Oct. 6-7) for the semi-annual conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Riders are advised to plan ahead to ensure that they arrive at their destination on time.
Saturday, Oct. 6
Extra TRAX trains will run before each session of LDS semi-annual general conference. The extra Blue Line trains will leave Sandy Civic Center for downtown every 10 min. from 7:58 a.m. to 9:18 a.m. Immediately following each session two extra Blue Line trains will be in service to Sandy.
All other trains will travel on their regular schedule. Trains depart every 20 minutes. Red Line trains run directly to the University. Passengers interested in traveling downtown will need to transfer to a Blue or Green line train anywhere between Fashion Place West and Courthouse stations. We recommend transferring prior to Courthouse Station to avoid overcrowding at that platform.
FrontRunner will provide regular Saturday service, with departures every 60 minutes. Trains leave Ogden at 16 minutes after the hour. Upon arrival passengers may choose to use TRAX, which will depart Salt Lake Central Station every 10 minutes. For passengers traveling north after each session, FrontRunner departs the station every 60 minutes at 57 minutes after the hour. The last northbound train departs Salt Lake Central Station at 11:16 p.m.
Buses will operate on their regular Saturday schedule.
Sunday, Oct. 7
Early morning TRAX trains will run every 20 minutes beginning at 7:58 a.m. on the Blue Line from Sandy Civic Center. There will a train departing Fashion Place West every 10 min. between 8:58 a.m. and 9:08 a.m, as well as between 12:18 p.m. and 12:58 p.m.
Early service will be provided from Medical Center to City Center at 7:58 and 8:18 a.m. Regular service on the Red Line from Medical Center will begin at 9:22 a.m.
There will be at least two extra trains departing downtown to Sandy Civic Center following each conference session.
All other trains will travel on their regular schedule. Trains depart every 20 minutes. Red Line trains run directly to the University. Passengers interested in traveling downtown will need to transfer to a Blue or Green line train anywhere between Fashion Place West and Courthouse stations. We recommend transferring prior to Courthouse Station to avoid overcrowding at that platform
There will be no FrontRunner service on Sunday.
Paying Your Fare
Passengers may also choose to purchase one-way or round-trip fares at any of the TRAX stations, or when they board the bus.
Another option is the group pass – $14 for up to four riders round-trip during regular service hours. The group pass is good on TRAX, bus and FrontRunner.
- Purchase your fare in advance.
- Before you cross railroad tracks or enter a TRAX or FrontRunner platform:
- always watch for trains—look both ways
- take off your head phones
- put your cell phone down—no texting or phone calls
- hop off your bike or skateboard
- hold smaller children’s hands
- walk across the tracks or onto the platform when it is safe
- never cross between train cars—always walk around to a designated safe crossing
- Always stand away from the yellow tactile strip when trains approach the platform.
- Never walk or play on tracks or the rail corridor; even for short cuts. It could be deadly and is trespassing, punishable by a $100 or greater fine.
- Never go around a lowered gate or try to outrun a train. Just wait for the train to pass, the gates to lift and lights to stop before crossing the track.
- Never throw things at the train or place things on the track; you could get hurt or even derail the train.