It’s that time of year. It’s when we put our plans for 2021 to you for input. This year we’re working with new constraints and opportunities that have risen from the coronavirus pandemic, we’re launching into big projects like the Depot District, Ogden-Weber Bus Rapid Transit and building a new TRAX Airport Station. We’re continuing maintenance projects for our rail infrastructure, as well as providing first-last mile solutions and other customer experience improvements.
Part of our budget process is taking time to hear from you; our riders, key stakeholders, and transit fans. We have two opportunities to participate and a robust webpage dedicated to sharing information about our 2021 budget and priorities at rideuta.com/budget.
Ways to Engage
1 – Public Hearing
• Wednesday, November 11, at 6pm (open-house beginning at 5:30pm)*.
• You can join in-person or virtually. For instructions for joining virtually are at the end of this blog.
• Location: UTA Headquarters, 669 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City
• You may also watch the hearing on UTA’s YouTube channel live.
• *COVID-19 precautions will be observed — all attendees will be required to wear a mask and social distancing will be observed at all times.
2 – Submit Feedback
There’s lots of ways you can share your thoughts. The easiest way is to head over to rideuta.com/budget and use the form there. Here are few other options:
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: 801-743-3882
• Mailing: Utah Transit Authority, C/O Megan Waters, 669 W 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Take a few minutes to check out rideuta.com/budget where you get an overview of our budget and priorities, dive deeper into our numbers and submit feedback — all in one spot!
Please submit your feedback by 5:00 p.m., December 11.
If you would like to join this public hearing, virtually follow these instructions:
a. Click Here
b. Follow registration instructions. You will need to enter your name and email address (you will receive and email confirming submission of your registration).
c. Wait for your registration to be approved by UTA (you will receive another email once your registration is approved).
d. Use the “Join Event” button in your registration approval email to join the hearing 15 minutes before the start of the meeting.
e. To make a public comment raise your hand (hand located by opening the participant window and clicking on the hand icon).
f. Participants will be muted upon entry into the meeting. Participants who raise their hand to make a comment will be called on by the Board and be unmuted to make their comment. Comments are limited to 2 minutes.