Have any questions or concerns?
- Hotline: 385-287-6647
- Email: OgdenBRT@rideuta.com
- Construction Updates: http://eepurl.com/hqTSD9
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OgdenBRT
Bus Rapid Transit or BRT combines the capacity and speed of light rail with the lower cost construction of an integrated bus system. Once complete, Ogden Express (formerly route 603) will provide riders a clean-air ride in an electric bus from the Ogden FrontRunner Station, through downtown, along dedicated bus lanes in the center of the road on Harrison Boulevard and through the Weber State University campus, and to McKay-Dee Hospital. When operational, riders will be able to catch the bus every 10-15 minutes on weekdays and 15-30 minutes on weekends. The project will benefit the community by reducing vehicle trips, supporting the economy and providing transportation choices.
Download Quick Facts
Download Frequently Asked Questions
Road reconstruction & pedestrian crossings
New widened roads, pedestrian crossings
& adding turn lanes on 32nd & 36th Streets
New shared use path with road reconstruction
pedestrian crossings and bike lanes
Utah Transit Authority, Jacobs Engineering, AECOM, WCEC, and Stacy and Witbeck have partnered to design and construct the Ogden Express (OGX) line over the next three years. Project segments will be constructed simultaneously in multiple locations to ensure project completion in a timely manner.
Updates this week:
- OGX station canopies on Washington Blvd. have been installed between 24th and 25th streets.
- Sewer line installation continues between Lincoln and Grant avenues.
- 23rd Street is closed to all traffic and on-street parking between Wall Ave. and Grant Ave. for reconstruction through fall 2022. North/south thru-traffic remains open on Grant Ave. Existing sidewalk remains open during construction.
- North/south traffic on Lincoln Ave. is currently closed.
- Station platform work is anticipated to begin at the Ogden Intermodal Center in early-October.
- On 25th Street between Jackson Ave. and Harrison Blvd. crews are scheduled to mill the roadway on Saturday October 8th and return to the area to pave on Tuesday, October 10th. It will be closed to thru traffic and no on-street parking will be permitted. Vehicles parked along 25th Street may be towed.
- OGX station platform, utility and roadwork continue near the Jefferson Ave., Monroe Blvd. and Harrison Blvd. intersections.
- Not related to the OGX project, Ogden City is completing roadway improvements on Ogden Ave. More information is available by calling the City's project hotline: (800) 292-3557 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At 32nd Street, crews are scheduled to mill the roadway on Thursday, September 29th and return to pave the area Tuesday, October 4th. It will be closed to thru traffic with no on-street parking.
- Utility relocations continue on northbound Harrison Blvd. near 36th Street. Sidewalk is closed on the east side of Harrison between 35th and 36thstreets and detoured to the west side.
- OGX station platform and utility work continue at the 28th Street intersection (Ogden High School). Watch for lane shifts and possible east side closures of the 28th Street intersection.
- Road widening is underway between 31st and 37th streets to facilitate the addition of dedicated bus lanes in the center and new OGX stations at 32ndand 36th streets. Two lanes are maintained in each direction during daytime hours. Drivers are advised to reduce speeds and watch for lane shifts. Left-turns are restricted in the work zone.
- Roadway and sidewalk excavation between 34th and 36th streets is scheduled to occur next week.
- At Harrison Blvd. and 25th Street, crews will continue work to install traffic signal pole foundations and conduit.
Weber State University
- WSU Wildcat Shuttle service is now open. Clean air electric buses are servicing three stations on campus every 5-10 minutes on weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. along the new dedicated alignment between Central Campus, Wildcat Village student housing and the Dee Events Center. Fare is free and free parking is available at the Dee Events Center parking lot. Please note that the new busway is for buses only and is not open for public access.
- Earthwork and utility work for the new OGX alignment between Harrison Blvd. and Lindquist Plaza are expected will continue next week.
- OGX station construction is underway near the hospital's main entrance and will continue through fall 2022, with pedestrian access maintained.
To stay up to date on the latest and greatest news about construction and the Ogden BRT, we suggest you take advantage of these great resources during this project:
- Sign-up for construction updates: http://eepurl.com/hqTSD9
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OgdenBRT
- Call us: 385-287-6647
- Email us: OgdenBRT@rideuta.com
An Environmental Assessment (EA) was completed for the project in 2019. The purpose of the EA was to identify the environmental effects associated with project construction and operation and to provide agencies and the public an opportunity to review and comment on the effects of the proposed project. The EA evaluated impacts to socioeconomic, environmental, and transportation conditions in the project area and what further actions or mitigation could be implemented to address the identified impacts.
- Environmental Assessment - Ogden/Weber State University Transit Project
- Resumen Ejecutive en Espanol
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report Appendix A & B
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report Appendix C - H
- Appendix B Technical Reports
- Appendix B1 Land Use Economic Development Technical Report
- Appendix B2 Social Environment Technical Report
- Appendix B3 Environmantal Justice Technical Report
- Appendix B4 Traffic and Transportation Technical Report
- Appendix B5 Hazardous Waste Sites Technical Report
- Appendix B6 Energy Technical Report
- Appendix B7 Air Quality Technical Report
- Appendix B8 Visual and Aesthetic Resource Technical Report
- Appendix B9 Noise and Vibration Technical Report
- Appendix B10 Water Quality Technical Report
- Appendix B11 Floodplains Technical Report
- Appendix B12 Geology Technical Report
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 1
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 2
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 3
- Appendix B14 Section 4f Evaluation
- Appendix C Coversheet
- Appendix C1 Bureau of Reclamation Coordination regarding South Ogden Highline Canal
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 1
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 2
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 3
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 4
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 5
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 6
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 7
- Appendix C3 Agency Scoping Letters
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 1
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 2
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 3
- Appendix E Distribution List
Finding of No Significant Impact