The Salt Lake City School District Transit Pass Is Back!
The popular Salt Lake City School District (SLCSD) transit pass is back! With your pass you'll have unlimited access to UTA buses, TRAX, UTA On Demand, and the S-Line and at no cost to parents or the student! *
Using your pass is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply plan your route, tap your pass, and ride with confidence. And be sure to download the UTA Transit app! Whether you’re getting to and from school, attending extracurricular activities, or exploring the city, your pass will be your dependable companion.
Enjoy the freedom and convenience of reaching your destination safely and efficiently. Join us in building a brighter future as we support your educational journey with the free Salt Lake City School District transit pass!
Valid for an entire calendar year beginning August 1, this transit pass ensures that you have hassle-free transportation whenever you need it.
*FrontRunner, Ski Bus, Paratransit, and PC-SLC Connect are not included with the SLCSD transit pass. To ride Frontrunner or PC-SLC Connect, purchase an upgraded ticket when you board.
Introducing the Guardian Pass!
Introducing the Guardian Pass, an exciting addition to the Salt Lake City School District transit pass! Designed specifically for parents or guardians of students enrolled in the Salt Lake City School District, the Guardian Pass provides an extra layer of support for your child’s safe journey to and from school.
One Guardian Pass will be granted per student household, allowing a parent or guardian to accompany their children on the way to and from school and other events. Whether holding your child’s hand on the bus, guiding them through transfers, or exploring the city together, the Guardian Pass is your ticket to fostering a sense of security and independence for your children.
With the Guardian Pass, UTA is here to support you and instill confidence in your children’s daily commutes. Together, let’s make each journey a memorable and safe one!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How does my Salt Lake City School District student receive their UTA pass?
The UTA Salt Lake City School District (SLCSD) transit passes are being distributed through the schools. Please check with the main office at your school for information.
2. What is included in the Salt Lake City School District transit pass?
You can ride any local bus, TRAX, and even UTA On Demand with your transit pass! All UTA services are accessible for those who have mobility devices or require additional assistance.
- Bus: There are many UTA buses in Salt Lake City and they are all numbered with a route. UTA buses travel on the same route regularly and pick up and drop off at designated bus stops throughout the city.
- TRAX: TRAX trains operate all over Salt Lake County and there are three main lines – Red, Blue, and Green – and the S-Line streetcar. You can connect to different destinations, including buses or UTA On Demand by taking TRAX.
- UTA On Demand: UTA On Demand is a new service and will pick up passengers and drop them off close to local destinations or connections to bus stops or train stations on the west side of Salt Lake City. UTA On Demand uses a mobile app for riders to book a ride and operates van-style vehicles. You may share your vehicle with other passengers. Be sure to download the app!
(Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to ride UTA On Demand. Car seats will not be provided by UTA; riders traveling with children who require them must bring their own. Riders are responsible for securing any such car seat and for ensuring that it fits all legal requirements).
FrontRunner, Ski Bus, Paratransit, and PC-SLC Connect are not included with the SLCSD transit pass. To ride Frontrunner or PC-SLC Connect, purchase an upgraded ticket when you board.
3. How old must children be to have their own UTA On Demand account and ride without an adult?
Minors between the ages of 13 and 18 can have their own member accounts and ride with UTA On Demand unaccompanied, but they must have consent from their parent or guardian. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to ride UTA On Demand. Car seats will not be provided by UTA; riders traveling with children who require a car seat must bring their own. Riders are responsible for securing any such car seat and for ensuring that it fits all legal requirements.
4. How do I refuse a transit pass for my student?
Parents or guardians of elementary students must request a transit pass for their student. Secondary students can request their own pass at their school. Parents or guardians of secondary students who do not want their student to participate should contact the school office.
5. How do I replace a lost UTA pass?
Please alert your school immediately so the lost pass can be deactivated and a new pass can be requested. Call 801-578-8269 or email UTAContact@saltlakeeducationfoundation.org for more information.
6. Are public charter school students eligible for the UTA pass program?
Only students in a Salt Lake City School District-sponsored charter school qualify for the UTA pass program.
7. Are pre-K students eligible?
No. The Salt Lake City School District transit pass is available for students in grades K–12.
Note: Children under the age of six can ride UTA trains and buses for free without a pass.
8. My student lives in Salt Lake City School District boundaries but attends a private school. Are they eligible for the UTA pass program?
No. Only students who attend a Salt Lake City School District school are eligible to receive the SLCSD transit pass. However, others can always purchase a Reduced Fare FAREPAY card (50% off the FAREPAY fare for youth ages 6-18). To learn more, visit: https://www.rideuta.com/Fares-And-Passes/Reduced-Fare.
9. Do parents of young children qualify for a pass?
Yes. The SLCSD Guardian Pass is new this year! One Guardian Pass will be issued for each student household that has already received a SLCSD transit pass.
The Guardian Pass allows one parent or guardian to accompany their child on UTA. Note: The Guardian Pass is not transferable.
10. Can the UTA Salt Lake City School District transit pass be used for field trips?
Reach out to UTA to schedule a field trip at: www.rideuta.com/About-UTA/Community-Relations-and-Transit-Education/Schedule-a-Field-Trip
11. Where can UTA take me?
You can go to many places on UTA! Plan your trip with the Transit app or Google Maps
12. How do I ride safely?
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Use headphones
- Keep conversations low
- Stand behind the yellow line on platforms
- Don’t eat on board
- Don’t use offensive language
- Don’t block the aisles or doors
- Don’t ride your bike, skateboard or other wheels on platforms
13. If I have any questions about the UTA Salt Lake City School District transit pass for parents and students, where can I go for more information?
Send UTA an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call UTA Customer Service: 801-RIDE-UTA (743-3882)
Leave a comment: https://www.rideuta.com/Rider-Info/Customer-Service/Write-a-Comment
Find us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram (@rideuta)
Sign up for Service Alerts: rideuta.com/signup