Ski Bus for the 2023-2024 season starts Sunday, November 26. That’s right; this year, you can start using UTA buses to get to the slopes beginning Thanksgiving weekend.
To make your ski trip as smooth as fresh powder, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the ins and outs to ride the Ski Bus like a pro this season.
- Know Your Route — You can find which Ski Bus route services which resort at rideuta.com/ski. You can explore different trip options via the Transit app, which shows multiple routes and stops, and if you select the Go feature, it provides you with push notifications about how to complete your trip. In addition, get to know your park and ride options.
- Pro tip: As the buses get closer to the canyon, they fill up or even reach capacity - use a park and ride lot or bus stop further away from the mouth of the canyon.
- Pro tip: It’s important to also get UDOT updates as they often need to close the roads due to avalanches, vehicle accidents, and other unsafe conditions that are outside of UTA’s control.
- Pro tip: Download the Transit app to purchase your $5 one-way fare prior to boarding.
Be a Good Rider
- Respect the Driver — Be courteous to your bus operator; they are responsible for your safety and ensuring a smooth ride as they navigate challenging traffic and weather conditions.
- Be Patient — Buses may often face delays due to traffic, weather, passenger load, or other factors such as avalanche control. These will impact scheduled times. Exercise patience and understanding during these situations.
- Mind the Flow — Enter in the front door exit in the rear. Don’t block the door. Please let riders unload before trying to board. This is especially important as the Ski Bus arrives at the resorts.
- Keep the Aisles Clear — Don't block the aisle with your ski gear as it can make it difficult for riders to enter and exit the bus.
- Exit Promptly — When your stop is approaching, make sure to gather your things, put your phone away, and be ready to exit.
- Guarantee Return — At the end of the day, we always make sure riders have a return trip. You may have to wait in line, but as long as there are people still at the bus stops at the resorts, we will keep making the rounds until everyone is down the canyon.
Other Good to Knows
- Customer Support — If you happen to leave your earbuds or favorite gloves behind, complete our Lost and Found form and our Customer Service team will get back to you promptly. If you have questions or feedback about using the Ski Bus or any of UTA Services, our Customer Service team is available Monday through Saturday from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at (801-743-3882) or at email@example.com.
Have fun and enjoy the ride! We’ll see you on the bus!